Offering therapy services for all ages, in and around Houston, Texas and surrounding areas
- Session Format: Couple/Other Relationships, Family, Individual
- Online Sessions Available: Our counselors use several HIPAA-compliant, secure formats to conduct video sessions.
- Treatment Specialties: click here
ACCA professionals work with a range of clients that present a variety of unique circumstances.
During our initial meeting we will discuss your specific areas of concern as well as assess if we are the right client/therapist fit. In addition to our ACCA colleagues, each counselor and our staff are well-acquainted with other mental health professionals and services — so if we’re not the right fit for your needs, we’ll help you find a pro who is…
“The difference between hope and despair is a different way of telling stories from the same facts.”
– Alain de Botton
Rates & Insurance
- Average Session Fee: $40 to $80
- Your fee will be determined by the Intake Team, using
- your household income and
- number of dependents.
In order to determine what your fee will be, consult with our volunteer intake team.
ACCA professionals do not take insurance. If you have health insurance and want to use it to pay for your counseling, you should:
- Call the Customer Phone # on your health insurance card, or
- Check your insurance company’s website, and
- Ask the Customer Service rep (by phone) for a list of counselors they will allow you to see, or
- Do a search (on the website) for the insurance company’s list of allowed counselors.
Also, ask the following questions of your insurance provider:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
What We Do NOT Do
ACCA counselors are not prescribing providers. If you need mental health medication or think you might, here are some resources you can follow up with:
- Houston & Surrounding Areas
- Washington State
- Texas, Outside of Houston & Surrounding Areas
- Texas Dept of Health & Human Services, Find Your Local Mental Health/Behavioral Health Authority
Please note the cancellation policy. If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least one day in advance, you may be required to pay part of or the full cost of the session.